Intro from Brandon WiseMonday, February 05, 2018
Intro from Brandon Wise, Vice President of Beverage Operations
February is here and that means love is in the air. As our restaurants and bars prepare for Valentine’s Day I got to thinking about all the things I love about Sage Restaurant Group.
Here are a few things I love about SRG, in no particular order:
- We LOVE hospitality – Our mission states that “We are a team of passionate industry-leading professionals committed to genuine hospitality”, and I couldn’t agree more. In this business we have all sacrificed holidays and weekends to take care of our guests. It’s that commitment that keeps us going strong, and we hope keeps our guests coming back to share memories with us.
- We LOVE to give back- Sage’s continued partnership with Trinchero wines has led to the planting of over 400,000 trees, one for every bottle of Trinity Oaks wine we sell. Our Hungry to Help initiative last year contributed to CORE (Children of Restaurant Employees), Share Our Strength, Americares in the wake of Hurricane Maria, and the Houston Food Bank in wake of Hurricane Harvey’s devastation. We’re excited to partner again with CORE to kick off 2018 and continuing to make a difference in the lives of our extended restaurant community.
- We LOVE to take risks- Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit. I’m sure Chef Chris Starkus at Urban Farmer Denver gets some odd looks from time to time when he tells guests he grows fungi in the restaurant. But it’s that type of visionary approach to food and beverage that leads to some amazing table side experiences, creating dishes with mushrooms grown on site. We constantly strive to innovate, to think in trend forward ways, and continue to ask ourselves the question, “What’s next?”
- We LOVE our community- When we were developing The Emporium and Bowerbird Coffee brands in Fort Collins, CO, an important focus for our team has always been gathering and showcasing the best local producers. When Chef David Anderson discovered Peritus Coffee Roasters in Fort Collins, Colorado, we knew we had found a winning roaster. But to get an email from their roaster Quinn, thanking us for our partnership, it really meant a lot to us. “Everyone has been so great to work with and really make us feel like an extension of The Emporium.”
- We LOVE our guests- It goes without saying, but we love taking care of our guests. In every one of our restaurants, every day, we have the rare opportunity to make moments that last a lifetime. I hope we’re all taking the time to get to know our guests on a first name basis and finding opportunities to surprise and delight.
This month I’d like to thank all of our associates who bring their love of hospitality with them to work every day. We wish you all a fantastic February and hope that your 2018 is off to a great start.
Vice President of Beverage Operations