Earth Day 2018!Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Urban Farmer, Portland’s Steakhouse, Portland, OR
Earth Day 2018!
In celebration of Earth Day, Urban Farmer will be hosting four days of tastings, demonstrations and tours as we highlight the many initiatives throughout the restaurant to promote sustainability, support waste reduction and to better our practices for the community.
All events will gather at 3pm each day in the Urban Farmer lobby and conclude with tours of our collective Farming operations. Don’t miss this very unique tour!
THURSDAY, APRIL 19TH 3-5PM
DISCUSSION & DEMONSTRATION BY OUR RESIDENT CHEFS FEATURING ALL THINGS CANNED, PICKLED AND FERMENTED
- Food and Cocktail pairings concluding with canning takeaways for your pantry!
FRIDAY, APRIL 20TH 3-5PM
INTRODUCTION TO MUSHROOM CULTIVATION
- Discussions surrounding Oregon’s place on the largest interconnected mycological network on the plant
- Guest speakers, mushroom cocktails and snacks, concluding with our garden tour
SATURDAY, APRIL 21ST
The restaurants will feature dishes featuring our in-house farming and foraging. Tableside conversations and tastes from our chefs will be abundant with tours of our underground hydroponic garden available. Please call ahead or make a note on your web reservation to request a tour while dining with us this day.
SUNDAY, APRIL 22ND – EARTH DAY 3-5PM
A CONVERSATION ON COMMUNITY, TRACEABILITY IN FOOD AND PERSONAL BEST PRACTICES WITH EXECUTIVE CHEF MATT CHRISTIANSON
- Beekeeping discussion and tours of our hives with resident beekeepers
- Snacks and takeaways for your pantry!
For questions or further information please call 503-802-4638, or email email@example.com
We look forward to celebrating the Earth with you all year!